Happy Veterans Day

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I live in an area that is largely pro military, discounts are everywhere and appreciated. The only ones frowned upon are the dependas going in flaunting their husband's rank trying to get them..

Reactions: 1 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Me and my family thank all of you Veterans for your service. As well as all you first responders.

When I was in school we always said The Pledge of Allegiance and then sung a patriotic song. (America the Beautiful, Grand Ole Flag, etc.) We should bring back those things to our schools.

Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Welcome to the land of accommodation, a place where patriotism has been put on the shelf in order to appease immigrant malcontents who take relentless advantage of the social and economic bennies that american hospitality provides while perpetually demanding that whatever cultural identity or background they lay claim to be, should be "respected" and kowtowed to.

(This is Saturday and I already put my soapbox away for the weekend, so gonna stop right here)

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Welcome to the land of accommodation, a place where patriotism has been put on the shelf in order to appease immigrant malcontents who take relentless advantage of the social and economic bennies that american hospitality provides while perpetually demanding that whatever cultural identity or background they lay claim to be, should be "respected" and kowtowed to.

(This is Saturday and I already put my soapbox away for the weekend, so gonna stop right here)

Nick
As a true American what branch did you serve in so that you can be critical of the immigrants that have being in America since the Mayflower landed? In fact immigrants compose a part our defense of which I am pretty sure you never participated in!
Since the Revolutionary War, immigrants have been a vital part of the United States military. In fact each year about 8,000 non-citizens enlist in the U.S. armed forces. According to the U.S. Defense Department, there are currently 30,000-plus non-citizens serving on active duty. More than 4,100 of these dedicated soldiers deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan in all branches of the U.S. military. Since September 2002, USCIS has naturalized over 107,000 members of the military. The top two countries of origin with immigrants in the military are the Philippines and Mexico.

That was my soap box of which I will get off.
ACastro
Armor, US Army
Maj (Retired)

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Not so funny thing here, when I responded to the thread posted by SS Malibu, I did not mention being an American at all. In fact I did not even mention any country specifically, simply because "Accommodation" is not a national issue, it is global. I also made no mention of those who have "taken the king's shilling" and joined the military, simply because they were not the focus of my comment either. My reference was exclusively oriented to that minority percentage that is both first in line to demand their handout from the government, any government, and equally first in line to complain that they are being profiled or targeted because of who they are or how they behave in public.

As for you, sir, you apparently and obvious served your country both faithfully and well. For myself, being an immigrant is part of my heritage and not something to be ashamed of, my great grandparents were immigrants and they got here the hard way. Be happy, you do not have an entire race seeking to condemn you for the sins of the past.

Nick

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Way back in my time during Nam, Regular Army volunteers like me were pretty scarce for some reason. So the Gubmint offered a deal: serve four years and then apply for citizenship. If you kept your nose clean and got an honorable discharge you were pretty much a shoe-in to get accepted as a citizen. Kind of like Starship Troopers: earn your citizenship by serving. We could use more of that right now because the average American is too self-absorbed to even consider serving. I served with a bunch of very able Mexican guys in the 16th Engineer Battalion in support of the 1st AD. I even met up again years later with one of those guys in my platoon that worked under me. He got out, was doing well, got married, bought a house, raised kids and paid taxes. Very American. Then there was the deal only an American could partake in: two years in jail or two years in the Army.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
When I was reporting to basic in '94 there was a guy who was using that deal.
I went into Basic in 2001 and had a couple with me. Not sure if they still do that now, you can get in even with no GED so there's that.

Nick
I know what you mean by this and it's definitely true.. just won't get into it here to break the forum rules haha.

Kind of like Starship Troopers: earn your citizenship by serving. We could use more of that right now because the average American is too self-absorbed to even consider serving.
I'm more of a fan of EVERYONE between the ages of 18-22 should do two years active duty Military. Not the crap we have now either, the military I came into in the early 2000's. Give people discipline, self respect, and would put people on the right path in life. It did me.

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Believe there was one guy in basic with me doing the same, would've been '92. Later met several, from all around the world. Just looking for a better life. If you're working for it, I have zero issues. If you want stuff handed to you, then we have problems...

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
"Son, would you like to see the world, enjoy exotic places and earn some money while doing it?" End up in Korea by the DMZ and freeze your b.... off. No clothing stops that cold wind from the north.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor