Have a timing ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Ok the distributor i currently have is the msd pro billet 85551 w/o vacuum advance. So would you suggest the msd pro billet 8361. Basically the same distributor with vacuum advance i have the 6al digital box. Or should i go with a standard hei msd distributor

The distributor is going to be your choice. You need to decide what you want to do and your best route. Honestly a plain jane HEI can do it all. What you have will work it is intended for racing and it sounds like that's what you will be doing. I run a pro billet and it's locked out. My engine loves 40 deg adv. Once your at the track you can play with the timing and find what's optimum for you.

bertscova

Greasemonkey
Jun 27, 2015
Thanks for all the help. I will use what i have and play with the setting to find what my set up likes best. I plan on eventually going to a holley sniper efi system and let it control timing and locking out the distributor

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
those are awesome write ups! sure my head exploded in the process but it's gotten me excited to mess with the timing if the snow ever goes away..thanks for the info kids.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
it's gotten me excited to mess with the timing if the snow ever goes away..

Where are you in Mass.? More snow today for most of the state. We're getting missed by this one 'they say'

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor