Head gasket help

purple78monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2022
I’m swapping heads on my 355 and was wondering what head gaskets would be best to go with and what bore size should I go with for those gaskets heads are just regular cast iron heads motor has been bored 30 over

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Generally you want to use as thin of a head gasket you can get away with for proper quencn. Depends on how far in the hole your pistons are.

Reactions: 1 user

purple78monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2022
Generally you want to use as thin of a head gasket you can get away with for proper quencn. Depends on how far in the hole your pistons are.
I believe 0.39 is the thinnest I could go if I remember right but what about for the bore size I was think 4.125?

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Those are the base replacement head gaskets. yes they will work with steel heads. The issue is when you use aluminum heads with a stainless fire ring gasket and it can leave marks on the head surface. Almost any head gasket will work with a steel head.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor