Headers, Angle plugs & clutch linkage

Status
Not open for further replies.

7d8ss

Apprentice
Feb 21, 2007
Lexington, Ohio
I have a 78 El with a small block. I have the opportunity to get a set of angle plug heads. I also have a manual 4 speed. I can't seem to be able to find headers that will fit angle plug heads AND stock clutch linkage. If one of you guys that have a similar set up could give me the brand & part number you used, it would be greatly appreciated.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Check the Hedman 65218. They are said to fit well with the mechanical linkage and according to Summit, fit angle plug heads.

I am going with mechanical linkage in my car. I didn't go with the 65218's because they don't offer them in stainless. I went with Flowmaster 814410. They are ceramic coated stainless. They should work with manual linkage. Don't know if they work with angle plug or not. Check Flowmaster's website. I don't know about the fit yet. I haven't installed them.

7d8ss

Apprentice
Feb 21, 2007
Lexington, Ohio
I checked the Hedman site & there was no mention of the angle plug being compatible. The site also cited that these were spread port headers. Thanks for your response I appreciate your trying to help.

Reactions: 1 user

80camino

n00b
Jan 25, 2018
I have a 78 El with a small block. I have the opportunity to get a set of angle plug heads. I also have a manual 4 speed. I can't seem to be able to find headers that will fit angle plug heads AND stock clutch linkage. If one of you guys that have a similar set up could give me the brand & part number you used, it would be greatly appreciated.
7d8ss, were you able to find headers for angle pug heads and 4 speed ? I am looking for the same.

Jim hopper

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2017
Thay don't make them I have the same problem I went whith hooker headers in excel Shorty plugs on my car

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

80camino

n00b
Jan 25, 2018
Thank you Jim, I see Headman Hustler 65218 will fit a Malibu 4 speed w/ angle plugs. Do you know why these would not work ?

Jim hopper

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2017
All I know is I called summit and jegs and thay Kept telling me that they had headers that would work they would send me a pair and I would send them back because they didn't work I think I sent back six different pairs of headers until I finally found the hookers that I have on there now I just can't remember the part number I looked for it and I can't find the receipt or I would give you the hooker part number that worked for me the only other thing you could do is to go to somebody and have them build you a pair custom headers for it but that's gonna cost you big bucks

80camino

n00b
Jan 25, 2018
Thanks Jim, I will look into the Hookers. I do have other engine options but wanted to run my L98 Corvette ,ZZ4 hot cam. The other engines
would require a much tougher drivetrain :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor