headers for sbc cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Don't waste your time with shorty headers. Longtubes make the power. Now if you go with flowtech to Schoenfeld is up to you. But skip the shorties. They make real headers that fit for g bodies.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

cocacolacutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 21, 2015
so cal
The best bang for the buck is Shoenfeld headers - I've also run Dyno-max, and Hooker - all installed fairly well but if you go with Hooker Super Comps (2242) you have to cut your inner fender wells a little to get them to fit and get your car really high. As Injectedcutty said the trans are the same length.

View attachment 45369
View attachment 45370
thanks for your advice and the pics..will keep in mind.thanks:) How did those solid motor mounts work for you?I should have done those instead of the OEM.:(

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Yea,I have been leaning towards long tube anyways.:)
Long tubes are great...i loved my hooker comp long tubes, just wanted to go with a different setup on redoing my engine. The hedman "shorties" are actually mid length and exit at the bottom of the engine. Both handle power and both ARE REAL headers made for g bodies! As with all hotrodding, choose what suits your preference and give er hell Mike!!

When you post, click upload a file then filter through gallery, then usually i think dcim, then photos. Hope this helps!
Scott

cocacolacutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 21, 2015
so cal
Long tubes are great...i loved my hooker comp long tubes, just wanted to go with a different setup on redoing my engine. The hedman "shorties" are actually mid length and exit at the bottom of the engine. Both handle power and both ARE REAL headers made for g bodies! As with all hotrodding, choose what suits your preference and give er hell Mike!!

When you post, click upload a file then filter through gallery, then usually i think dcim, then photos. Hope this helps!
Scott
thanks for the info on the headers:) once I get my pictures on the computer, I will put them on the site.:)

Garrett1982

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2014
Uniontown, Pa
image.jpeg
You could look into the Iceman Crossmember also. He can make it for whatever setup you are running. He makes them from chromoly. Very light and a great price. The one in the pic is mine, he made it for a 4L80e in an 85 cutlass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor