Headliner trim pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
Yes just wondering if any of you wagon guys actually have any pics of the trim pieces that holds the headliner in? I got some pieces but don’t know what I’m missing

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Chris if you could re-pop those plastic clips I think you would be an instant hero!!! I can send you one if you think it will be doable.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Awhile back I noticed someone (I'll have to search back) had the rear clips over the rear hatch window. I think they were within reason. I believe you had to purchase them in bulk. Let me find that and report back. The difficult expensive clips are the ones over the quarter windows. I've seen those for sale for stupid money on Ebay. Man, people have chutzpah, don't they?
I'll see if I have any of those that can be duplicated. I might, but it would most likely have the broken lock tab which renders them useless.
Someone offered to duplicate them some time back, but I guess the notion fell by the wayside.

Windshield interior moulding clips- https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/GM-Window-Upper-Garnish-Moulding-Clip-p/a18398.htm
The part # for the rear window garnish moulding is #3074737. It requires 5 if I'm not mistaken....or at least 4.
The 1/4 window trims are part # 3073629 .That requires 3-clips on each side.
The small U-clips that go over the door window mouldings...I don't have a part # for, but I think they may be easier to find.

It looks like the sources for the other clips are NLA. I'll continue to do a search for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
Sounds like the previous owner gutted the interior and maybe had no intentions of replacing it? I'll check to see if I have any of those pieces. Awhile back I had given a trim piece or two to fellow member.
There are a few members that have access to junkyards up north that have a supply of G-body cars...wagons included. Perhaps they'll respond.
Where in the country are you located? Also, if you don't mind, can you post a few pics of your wagon?, that would be cool. It looks like a nice ride.
I’m located in Texas, no wagons anywhere at any junkyards found one in Louisiana but it was already stripped

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I’m located in Texas, no wagons anywhere at any junkyards found one in Louisiana but it was already stripped
Don't feel bad. That last time I saw a G-body wagon in the junkyard was probably more than 10 yrs ago. It was pretty roached out at that. But I did manage to get the drip rail mouldings off, which I happened to need at the time.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mark,
I think this guy spent too much time in his basement sniffing glue. I think I have one or two of those that I could submit to the cause. Plus the rear hatch moulding clips. I don't have any of the 1/4 window clips. Not even a broken one. I shouldn't have tossed them. If anyone has any of the 1/4 window trim clips, let us know. I think between us we can come up with a few that can be 3D printed. What do you guys think?

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Oh, right, yeah the clips like what Bonnewagon's pic shows.
I hope between us we could come up with a few guinea pig / test case clips to be printed.

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
I have some nos clips. Sides and rear

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
This might help a bit but its not what I was talking about. Still searching for the pics.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mich,
I posted pics of the clips some years back on the section showing the assorted G-body hardware. I was later advised that the pics were no longer there. Thanks to Photobucket. :rant:
Thanks for re-posting the old thread link.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor