Headliner ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

84 pro olds

Apprentice
Jun 5, 2009
I need to put a headliner in my 84 cutlass. The only one that I can find in briar brown is for a monte brand new from opg. Will this fit my car.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
You could also buy an ABS plastic headliner, they're very nice and last forever. Then either buy your material and take it to an interior shop for gluing or just have the interior shop do it all.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Gbody dot com also sells the abs type... To answer your question, I thought that all g-body headliners were the same... I betcha Blake could answer this one...

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada

wolfloc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2008
gonzales , CA
does anyone know if there is a site or something with the interior colors and their names? i dont want to spend a couple hundred bucks and have a mismatched color.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
I doubt exact matching material is made anymore. And if it is, it's going to be expensive. Just buy some material that matches closely, there's more than a few places online if you google headliner material. If you've never glued a headliner, I don't recommend the trial and error method.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I bought an abs burgundy colored one from gbody parts dot com and it matches closely.

Camshaft

Master Mechanic
May 27, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
My car is having the same problem, would you recommend re-using the original material if possible? I'm thinking of getting the ABS headliner & visors.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
no, the material is a foam glued onto a thin layer of the material. It will no doubt look terrible if you re-use the old stuff. Gluing on a headliner is somewhat of an art, but the good thing is G body's have a fairly flat roof without obstructions which makes it easier. Buy some good quality contact cement and practice first on your old one with some scrap material.

but, if you've never done it before, take the material and headliner to an interior shop and they should charge about 50-100$ to glue it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor