Heads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2007
Union County, IN
Do you have any idea to how much I can mill the heads on my 350sbc. It's out of a 1974 chevy truck, it's a turbo fire with 8.5:1 comp. and soon to be trokerII intake and holley 650 and crane energizer cam.

82355supreme

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2006
Wisconsin
I wouldn't take more than .010 off. Right now you're probably about .020 in the hole. Mic the TDC when you have the heads off, simple as that. But if you have stock dished pistons, you may be able to take off more. I have flat-tops & it's .015 down yeilding approx. 9.5:1

One more bit of question, why a Single-Plane intake?? Even if you plane the heads, your CR won't be near high enough to justify the Torker intake & you'll be losing precious torque that a dual plane would provide.

What are the cam specs?? Too much duration & you'll be bleeding off cylinder pressure also, thus losing even more torque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor