Hearders for my olds 350 going into a 87 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

t_visker

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 1, 2006
Brookings, SD
ok my friend josh put a olds 350 in his cutlass and says it's hard to find headers that fit ..

so what im asking is i have an 87 cutlass supreme and we are puttin the motor in now and i would like to upgrade the heads instead of using the ones off the 307.. so is their anything that will fit and work with the olds 350.. thanks guys

steve 86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
hamden ct.
got a summit catalog?.....if not ,goto them online.
I got a set of olds headers from there......about $130.....just be sure they are full length, not shorties because they sell both. they sell super comps also but they are around $500-600 ( I might be wrong, but i dont think u want to spend that much :shock: ).....by the way how far did u go with the engine,i.e. pistons,heads,cam selection,etc......

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
either or will work... a set of #5 , #7 or #7a heads and a intake will make that olds motor open up

t_visker

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 1, 2006
Brookings, SD
headers

steve 86 said:
OH S@!T........SORRY, I thought you said headers......"read the post right JACKASS".....thats to myself.

i actually ment headers.. can you give me a link of those ones that will work correctly?? i really dont want to spend 130 bux and it not fit in my cutlass..

steve 86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
hamden ct.
I'll do u one better..pn# WLK-85096 from summit......oh, and they went up to 149.95 since i bought mine.....sorry

just to add.... dont buy their pre-bent system for the g-bodys.....what they dont tell u is that they only fit if u have a sbc not an olds.....the difference being that the olds headers discharge at an angle different than chevy headers, so just send it to your local muffler shop and have them twist the pipes.......AND FOR GOD SAKES, NEGOTIATE THE PRICE!!....those guys will usually try to rape you for duals,...IMO...its worth about $50 per pipe, if u can get it cheaper, do it.........me myself, i used pre-bent tails, summit $18 mufflers, elbow bends, and straight stick, then welded it up...i call it Frankenshaust :lol: but it actually looks pretty good.

ANYWAY.....good luck, if i can help, just post.
b.t.w. u never answered, what u did to the engine," I love to hear the juicey details :wink: "

t_visker

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 1, 2006
Brookings, SD
juicy details

umm xtreme energy cam, performer intake manifold.. plaining on some blackjack headers, edelbrok 650cfm 4bbl carb, 2800 stall tc, reprogrammable shift kit.. i think thats about it..

i am looking for a 8.5 posi 4.10 rear end..

its not runnin yet.. we're puttin together the motor now.. what u guys think ill have for hp and 1/4 mile times?

steve 86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
hamden ct.
whats the stats. on the cam.... duration @ .050, intake,and exhaust...lift?....dont forget! NO MORE THAN .500 LIFT W/STOCK ROCKERS on an olds(or adjustable pushrods)......as far as e.t. , you should go high 13's- low 14's..........also , be sure to use a dual pattern cam, olds motors benifit more than most engines from this...........I know, Iknow, any engine benifits from this, but its been myexperience(and a bunch of olds guru's that i know) that olds's need all the help breathing they can get..............right about now theres probably someone reading this thinking " this guys an idiot", but unless Jesus Christ came back and told me im wrong, Im not . Ive witnessed this too many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor