CUTLASS Heater Blower Motor Wiring question

Status
Not open for further replies.

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Does anybody have a photo of the actual wiring placement for a stock (1980 Cutlass Supreme) Non- AC heater blower fan? I have mine connected and working but I have no grounding tab to connect to, just a jumper wire to ground at the moment. It's been apart so long I have no idea how the wiring was laid out originally, or where the ground wire is to be connected. Looked through all the bags of pieces and parts and can't find anything that resembles a grounding tab for one wire. Any help is appreciated.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
There is a brass 90 degree terminal that screws into the blower motor with a fine thread #8 sheet metal screw.
blower motor ground cropped.jpg

Pretty sure it screws into that hole.
GM G No AC Blower Motor.jpg

The factory screw is a 8X18 fine thread screw, difficult to find coarse thread should do and is a lot easier to find.

G non AC Blower motor wiring.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Does anybody have a photo of the actual wiring placement for a stock (1980 Cutlass Supreme) Non- AC heater blower fan? I have mine connected and working but I have no grounding tab to connect to, just a jumper wire to ground at the moment. It's been apart so long I have no idea how the wiring was laid out originally, or where the ground wire is to be connected. Looked through all the bags of pieces and parts and can't find anything that resembles a grounding tab for one wire. Any help is appreciated.
If you really need/want the correct type tab and bolt there out to be one on some of the spare used blower motors I've got lying around.

Let me know.

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
-Thanks for the photos, ELCAM.

-I had a feeling that grounding tab was what I was searching for. I figure I’ll make something up and make it work. Not too concerned about being perfectly correct with this car, as long as it looks presentable. Appreciate the offer though, ck80.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
-Thanks for the photos, ELCAM.

-I had a feeling that grounding tab was what I was searching for. I figure I’ll make something up and make it work. Not too concerned about being perfectly correct with this car, as long as it looks presentable. Appreciate the offer though, ck80.
No worries, you change your mind let me know. A little cardboard and a stamp is no hassle to me.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor