Heater core insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
I have always used pipe \ duct sealant. It looks like a block of black chewing gum. Electricians and plumbers use it to seal up pipes when they drill thru walls. It won't shrink, or rot. Sealing up the airbox will help the fan blow thru the vents better was well

Use your method really works greats and easy to apply thank you 😁

Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I just used a piece of foam and cut it to fit, Duct Seal will seal it very well but also over time will collect dirt since it doesn't harden and has a slight tackiness to it also it depends on the look you are going for

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
When I purchased a heater core replacement from Amazon, it came with a closed foam replacement for this opening. However, the Spectre brand heater core part was about 1/2" short in height and required a space being placed underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor