Heater core

Status
Not open for further replies.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
you dont have to take out the dash at all, theres a litle cover that unbolts and you just remove it from the engine compartment.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
^What he said.

Remove the cowl seal. Remove the screen from the cowl. Remove all the bolts in the cowl and around the cover plate for the hvac box lid. Remove lid (it will be sealed to the firewall, be careful removing it not to crack it), remove heater core.
Reinstall in reverse order. Make sure to reseal the heater box with body caulk.

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
Be careful with it. There are a few screws that are somewhat hidden (or at least not obvious). And the old sealer is pretty tough. So, make sure you get all of the screws and get as much of the old sealer cleaned off before you try to remove it. The old plastic is fairly brittle after all of the years of withstanding engine comparment heat and doesn't take much to chip it.

To get it out you'll have to remove the passenger wiper arm, the aluminum trim piece the wipers rest on. The wiper stop brackets. The inlet screen. Fan blower. A bunch of screws. I can do it in 15 minutes or less now that I know where all of the screws are. First time took me a lot longer.

Just remember, don't force it!

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Passenger side wiper arm doesn't go anywhere. The metal trim though, does have to get removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor