Hello everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueJay

n00b
Apr 27, 2020
Hi there! I've been getting info from this site for awhile and finally decided to join. I've got a 1987 Cutlass and have had it for almost two years. Before that i briefly had an '84 Monte but never got that running too well. The Cutlass is basically stock, other than being lowered a little. Here are some pics, they speak better! Just realized I need some better pics on my computer!
20200403_163524.jpg
20200311_185721.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Hi there! I've been getting info from this site for awhile and finally decided to join. I've got a 1987 Cutlass and have had it for almost two years. Before that i briefly had an '84 Monte but never got that running too well. The Cutlass is basically stock, other than being lowered a little. Here are some pics, they speak better! Just realized I need some better pics on my computer! View attachment 144252 View attachment 144253
Welcome to the forum, Bluejay.
Sharp looking cutty. What is that oldie in the 2nd pic?

BlueJay

n00b
Apr 27, 2020
Thanks guys for the welcome.

Looks to be 49-50 Ford

Close! It's a '51 Ford. Another project I just picked up in February but haven't really gotten to yet.

Nice looking Cutlass! Love the factory rallye wheels. Did you heat the springs to lower it?

No, i bought Moog S10 springs and 2" drop spindles in front and 3" drop rear springs from OPG. Those were pricey! It actually started as a normal front end rebuild, new bushings and ball joints, etc.. but one of the stock front springs was broken!! One entire coil was just sitting separate in the lower control arm. Never seen that before. I knew the front end was shot and making some strange noises, but thought that was just worn bushings.

Here's a couple pics of the broken spring.. And I drove around like that for a little while! At least to bring the new car home.

spring3.JPG
spring4.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Thanks guys for the welcome.

Close! It's a '51 Ford. Another project I just picked up in February but haven't really gotten to yet.

No, i bought Moog S10 springs and 2" drop spindles in front and 3" drop rear springs from OPG. Those were pricey! It actually started as a normal front end rebuild, new bushings and ball joints, etc.. but one of the stock front springs was broken!! One entire coil was just sitting separate in the lower control arm. Never seen that before. I knew the front end was shot and making some strange noises, but thought that was just worn bushings.

Here's a couple pics of the broken spring.. And I drove around like that for a little while! At least to bring the new car home.

View attachment 144275 View attachment 144274
Yikes!!!!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! Nice Cutlass...cool stance. Nice shoebox Ford, too.
Doug's right. The grille pretty much indicates what year it is. '49-'50 is one style and '51 is another...one year only.
They were popular cars in their heyday. many used for police cars.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor