Hello from a new member and my 87 Elco SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbaggie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2009
hey everybody

just wanted to say hello.

i've been a long time El Camino owner (i have a 71 that was restored/modified) but bought a 1987 SS last Aug. It had 53k mi and was relatively unmolested aside from half-assed dual exhaust set up and a set of 17" Torque Thrust rims. I replaced the rims with a fresh set of 16" Irocs and 245/50/16 BFGs. Everything was "numbers matching" so being a glutton for punishment i decided to modify the 305.

Mods so far:
Trickflow aluminum heads
1.5 roller rockers
Performer RPM EGR Intake
cam XE262H,
MSD ign/coil,
GMPP serp conversion kit
Edelbrock Tubular TES headers
Dual spal electric fans
aluminum 3-row radiator.
200R4 rebuilt w Grand National internals
3.73 gear/Auburn posi
full Hotchkis TVS suspension kit
single exhaust w high flow cat and flowmaster muffler
(Since i live in Kommie-fornia, and prolly wouldn't be making 350 or more hp, i decided to make it all smog legal and revert to a properly sorted single.)

Interior was pretty clean so i just replaced the stock stereo w/ a nav/dvd set up, q-logic kick panels for 5 1/4 speakers and a set of speakers in the dash,10" subwoofer, two amps and added a set of SS mats and a leather steering wheel wrap.

Mods yet to do:
Dual snorkel L69 intake (found a complete set ducts and all, just need to refinish the air cleaner)
Leather/power seat conversion (just bought a seats from a 97 camaro and g-body power seat track. waiting on the leather reuplholster)
Fuel pump- everything i've read on 305 mods says the stock fuel pump won't be enough. any recs?
Electric Antenna
Tonneau (soft)- go back and forth on this one. specifically looked for one with a super clean bed so it'd be a shame to cover it up not to mention drill into the trim/body. not keen on the hard tonneaus. too thick looking for my tastes...

thanks for looking and if anyone has any suggestions...

best
meng

Attachments

• 87 Elco F.jpg
    87 Elco F.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 706
  • 87 Elco B.jpg
    87 Elco B.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 712
  • 87 Elco E.jpg
    87 Elco E.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 727

lilbaggie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2009
some pix of the engine. i wanted it stock looking but maybe it's a bit too stock... will look a little diff with the L69 air intake/snorkels...

Attachments

• Elco Engine.jpg
    Elco Engine.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 712
  • 305 in prog.jpg
    305 in prog.jpg
    589.6 KB · Views: 693
  • downsized951122091932a.jpg
    downsized951122091932a.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 691

lilbaggie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2009
interior w my 2 yr old doing some QA...

Attachments

• 87 Elco Int.jpg
    87 Elco Int.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 738
  • Cyrus Elco A.jpg
    Cyrus Elco A.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 685
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor