Hello from me and my '79 Olds Cutlass W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2009
Hello fellow G-Body owners. I want to thank the people that are running this site and those that take the time to answer all the crazy questions that are presented and I'm hoping that you all can help me with my Olds questions and maybe I can help you with some of yours. My name is Matt and I am the proud owner of a 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme that has the W-30 package. Now I am missing the wheels and when I get some extra cash I plan on getting the original super sport 111 wheels. Now when I purchased the car I wasn't sure it was a W-30 even though it had the logo on the front fenders so I went searching for the build sheet. I found the build sheet under the back seat and after contacting GM I now have the original invoice and they both agree with one another and show that the car had the W-30 package put in it and that it had a 4 speed transmission installed. Now it does not have the Hurst duel gate shifter and it does not have any of the H/O emblems anywhere on the car so I'm positive its not a Hurst Olds but I am curious on how to find the paint scheme since it has been repainted. I contacted GM and they informed me that there should be a sheet in the trunk wheel well and one in the glove box, both of which are no longer there.
So to my question... Does anyone know who I could contact or where I could look to find my car's original paint scheme so I can repaint it to match? I want to restore this car back to its original glory. Thanks for your help.

chpbstrd1

Apprentice
Jan 23, 2009
Welcome, nice car. There are a lot of knowledgable Cutlass guys here that will give you good advice. good luck.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Welcome!

The paint codes can be found on the small rectangular tag on the cowl, below the windshield wipers on the driver side.

It will list them as something like 55 U (upper) and 19 L (lower).

Post up what it says and we can tell you what it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor