Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2012
Northeast Ohio, USA
Thank you guys both.

black86442

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2011
dayton ohio
Welcome from another fellow ohio g body owner 8)

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
Welcome! That Monte's lookin' good, I'm really diggin' the color.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Welcome to the board from another fellow Ohioan. Nice Monte! I think your rear tires are a bit too small, they dont fill up the wheel wells :mrgreen:

Johnnychrome

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2012
Northeast Ohio, USA
Thank you trocutlass63 . You know what... when I got the car I would have painted it the same day if I could have.
I saw the car in RED! I'm a huge fan of red. I had invisioned a two tone along factory lines where the top and hood center was a different shade using candy apple brandywine for the whole car and just doing a "two tone" by using super fine flake on part of the car and giant flake on the rest (Gold as the base under all of it). I would put Pearl in the clear over the whole thing. As a seperation or parting line between them I was thinking of a very wide pin stripe in (house of kolor) Pagan Gold. I was even thought of changing all the trim (currently black)to Pagan Gold.
The longer I look at the color that is on the car the more I like it. It would also be a huge project to change the color. The green/blue/teal (whatever it is) is on the cage even in the trunk, which is fully finished to match the interior, and the whole car would basicly gave to be torn apart to do it right. If I did go candy red/gold the interior wouldn't match any more (IMHO). To me that color scheme would need white or light color interior. I'm thinking that if I change the color I'll find something that would go with the interior so it wouldn't have to be redone. I do want to het the seat covered to better match the door panels/head liner. BUT it's really growing on me.
The big issue I have with the color is that it was chosen by the builder, owned by two other guys and now me... It's not MY color. I know that is silly. I got the car from the other end of the state and he got it from out of state... 500 miles away, so it's not like we were all neighbors, no one at the local cruises recognises the car as the previous owners.
I'm thinkin to just leave it alone color wise.
It will need repainted because of chips/scuffs/ dings on EVERY panel. The hood will be changed because I'm installing a tunnel ram on the car. I'd lik to replace the bumper covers with smooth fiberglass ones to get rid of the channels for the chrome trim that I will never replace.
I'd still like to paint a Gen. 3 MC like had described... maybe I'll find another and build a low rider or pro tourer?

Johnnychrome

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2012
Northeast Ohio, USA
Thank you 83MONTESS. IKR... they are smallish! :lol:
When I replace the tires I'll look to replace the 31x18.5's with 33x19.5's or even 33x21.5's if I change the rims (2" wider, all on the inside).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor