Hello from WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmerrick

n00b
Jun 25, 2018
Washington State
Hi folks,

I've been picking up good tips and tricks on the forum for a while but had so far just been a passive consumer. Now I've got some more specific inquiries, so I figured it's time to join up.

I've got an '83 Cutlass Supreme that my folks bought new at the dealership. It's been in my life it's whole life. It was the family car when I was a kid, it's the car that I learned to drive in, drove during high school and drove to college. It's been holed up in the garage for 12 years or so now. I'd thought to fix up a few things and sell it, but I've been having fun working on it and think I'll keep it around for a while.

It's nearly totally stock, with the original 3.8. Dad rebuilt it in the early 90's and it's got about 110,000 on the rebuild. The original only went about 60,000 miles, so he must have done a decent job.

I've got most of the parts to build up a Chevy 350 for it, and the TH-350 has the dual bolt pattern, so I think it'll be a relatively easy swap. It's just never been a priority until now.

Jason
20180602_180704.jpg

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Welcome from SW Georgia. A chevy would be a nice swap. You have to get brackets so it would be a perfect time to convert to a serpentine belt. My swap came off of a 4.3l TBI S body

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor