Hello, im from Massachusetts just bought my first G-body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hello, im from Massachusetts just bought my first G-bod

My advice would be to ship it south to somewhere like VA...yeah...and I could keep it in my garage until you wanna drive it.... Yeah.....i could even send ya my car to drive in the winter so you wont miss it much....let me give ya my address....

just messin....welcome to the site. Sounds like a great find. I agree with the low mileage, keep it stock. Unless you really wanna drive it alot, you could swap the motor and keep it in case someone wanted to buy it with the car down the road. Post up some pics!

Bill

im in western mass..i would post pics if i knew how lol ..i want to drive it so i may put in a 383 stroker in it

86-salon-cutlass said:
im in western mass..i would post pics if i knew how lol ..i want to drive it so i may put in a 383 stroker in it

THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! DRIVE IT HARD!! STILL HOLD ONTO THE ORIGINAL STUFF IN CASE.

welcome! now with a car with that few miles on it id say drive and enjoy it while ya save up to build it up to where ya want it.

yeah keep the 307 like beermonkey said and ride that b*tch out while you save and prep for a 350. i have a 307 with 38K miles and although it doesn't kick tires it's cool to cruise in..I can't front. But with that said my Chevy 350 build is in the machining stage now so I definitely support upgrading the motor if you want to keep up with the flow of traffic these days.

I have the Flowtech headers below on my 307..those and the 40 series Flowmasters really made a difference too..enjoy the car and give yourself time and plan your project out to keep it easy on your pockets.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BIG-11152FLT

Congrats on the purchase, I'm in Mass too (Medford)! Welcome to the site!

how hard was it to install those headers i hear its a ..nightmare?? Is their any one who makes ceramic coated headers like these flow-techs?

86-salon-cutlass said:
how hard was it to install those headers i hear its a ..nightmare?? Is their any one who makes ceramic coated headers like these flow-techs?
Headman and Hooker make ceramic coated headers, but they are not cheap. Flowtechs have a bad rep because they dont always fit without a little persuasion from a BFH...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor