HELP!!! electrical short

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
ok so a few months back i put in a new tach and a used radio. i hooked the tach up and also the radio up but the radio was hooked up wrong. so when i turned on my headlights the dimmer switch fried. a month ago i put in a new radio aand hooked it up right. so today i put in a new dimmer switch and my dash lights still wont come on. same problem as the last blown dimmer switch but i know this one isnt fried. i cant seem to find any shorts or bad grounds. anyone know what could be wrong? and also the tach was hooked up right

osantisbon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 11, 2011
Mérida, Yucatán, Méx.
1979ratrod said:
ok so a few months back i put in a new tach and a used radio. i hooked the tach up and also the radio up but the radio was hooked up wrong. so when i turned on my headlights the dimmer switch fried. a month ago i put in a new radio aand hooked it up right. so today i put in a new dimmer switch and my dash lights still wont come on. same problem as the last blown dimmer switch but i know this one isnt fried. i cant seem to find any shorts or bad grounds. anyone know what could be wrong? and also the tach was hooked up right

Do you have the schemes electric?

454cutlass

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2009
mass
you could have melted the wire.....trace the wire its probably going to be pita

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It's just a 5 amp fuse for the dash lites so I don't think the wire would fry

sosvic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor