Help finding crossmember to frame bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I believe I didn't put my bushings back in when I put my G Force in. It's been fine.

The G-Force crossmember is designed to not use the stock style frame mounting, and mounts metal to metal for added structural rigidity through the center section of the already flimsy chassis.

The stock crossmember uses those rubber insulators to help further reduce noise and vibration in the cabin of the vehicle.

While on a stock vehicle, they do their job to help keep things quiet, in a high performance application, they simply do not have a place, as it becomes one more place for things to move around.

Lue said:
dan2286 said:
I have never heard of bushings being used there on G bodies. Every crossmember I have taken off never used any bushings where it connects to the frame.

Same here. I just bolted them down and never had a ploblem...

Only some models/engine options used them. On the Malibu, it was only with the V6 engines--just another layer of isolation.

I bought OE insulators from California Pontiac Restoration. Not cheap by any measure, I remember they were priced well over the GM list price (think it was $20/per unit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor