HELP me fix this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
beermonkey9417 said:
here ya go, use this:
BFH.JPG

NO NO silly, thats a carb ajustment tool!

Are you sure it's coming from under the hood? I've had rear end gears with the wrong pattern produce a high pitched whining noise. It would stop when there was no load on them. Not exactly what you described, just trying to throw out some other ideas.

jrm81bu said:
Are you sure it's coming from under the hood? I've had rear end gears with the wrong pattern produce a high pitched whining noise. It would stop when there was no load on them. Not exactly what you described, just trying to throw out some other ideas.

Well I did replace the carrier and ring/pinion, but I'm not sure that's it... it really sounds like it's from the front. God I hope it's not that.

why not put the rear end up on axle stands and then have someone in the car rev it up till you hear the squeal....that might help you to narrow it down

With the engine off, grab the clutch fan and wiggle it side to side. If it moves, then replace it. If it doesn't move when wiggling it then start the engine, let it to operating temperature. Now shut the engine off and watch to see if the clutch fan keeps spinning. If it does excessively then replace the clutch fan. If its belts, remove the belts and take it for a quick run but do not overheat the car..Also check the throttle shaft of the carb for any type of play/leaks..When in doubt time to use chassis ears.

I tightened the alternator a little, since it was the loosest. I squirted a little handsoap in the pulley valleys and turned it over a few times. Went for a cruise....

Still there!

Parked and went inside the fancy beer store and went for another cruise. Well lo and behold I couldn't get it to make that sound again... I'm suspecting the A/C, since the bracket was removed recently when I had the exhaust done. I'm going to loosen it, realign and tighten it back up.

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor