Status
Not open for further replies.

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
masterfab said:
my86442 said:
I bought these and the only thing i had to do was cut out the back of the headlight bucket to allow room for my HID lights
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380565067103?ss ... 1423.l2649

I went with this H.I.D. kit but didnt use the lenses. I thought they were pretty cool until I mounted the lenses and they didnt seen like they went with the car. The fit was good, they just didnt "POP" to me.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261058858500?ru ... 26_rdc%3D1

thankyou I will be looking into them. how well is the focus and the cutoff line?

The focus with the lenses im using is great. Everything is spot on. Ive got an exceptional field of veiw on both sides of the car. I dont know exact measurements but Ill take some pictures and let you see for your self. The bulbs I got are the 8000k light blue's. Ill take some pics tonight and post them.

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
[/quote]

thankyou that would be great. I work with law enforcement and the just past a federal law about hid conversion and glaring into on coming traffic. $6000 fine. Michigan is taking to absurd levels. so your helping more than you know.[/quote]

If there is a federal law with HID converions, than what about the cars that come with them from the factory. My brothers Chrysler 300 and my sisters Malibu, for example, came stock with HID's. Are people like my brother and sister going to be harassed about their headlights too? Im sure its a Michigan thing goin on but if one state does it, than I know others will.

Crapple21

Greasemonkey
Apr 16, 2011
Washington
Here in Washington the cops don't seem to care that much about hids just as long as they aren't pointed up and blinding people and aren't super blue pink or any other color besides white with a hint of blue or 6000k bulbs. The super bright hids everyone gets mad at are the 55w ballast because they are like 20% brighter then the 35w ones. I have a friend with the 55w ballasts and they are crazy bright but he adjusted the light path down so it wouldn't blind people. And with newer cars they have projectors so the light has a cut off point. When I take pictures tonight ill show the difference my moms bmw has hids in it from the factory but it has projectors from the factory. People will argue that with out projectors the light scatters with it sort of does but not as bad as people say it is.

masterfab

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2013

thankyou that would be great. I work with law enforcement and the just past a federal law about hid conversion and glaring into on coming traffic. $6000 fine. Michigan is taking to absurd levels. so your helping more than you know.[/quote]

If there is a federal law with HID converions, than what about the cars that come with them from the factory. My brothers Chrysler 300 and my sisters Malibu, for example, came stock with HID's. Are people like my brother and sister going to be harassed about their headlights too? Im sure its a Michigan thing goin on but if one state does it, than I know others will.[/quote]

all factoru equipped hid cars are exempt. there concern and reason for the law is cars that where not factory equipped and those focus of the beam blinding on coming traffic due to inpropper lenses. this is suppost to be nation wide but im not sure.

masterfab

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2013
Crapple21 said:
Here in Washington the cops don't seem to care that much about hids just as long as they aren't pointed up and blinding people and aren't super blue pink or any other color besides white with a hint of blue or 6000k bulbs. The super bright hids everyone gets mad at are the 55w ballast because they are like 20% brighter then the 35w ones. I have a friend with the 55w ballasts and they are crazy bright but he adjusted the light path down so it wouldn't blind people. And with newer cars they have projectors so the light has a cut off point. When I take pictures tonight ill show the difference my moms bmw has hids in it from the factory but it has projectors from the factory. People will argue that with out projectors the light scatters with it sort of does but not as bad as people say it is.

I agree. the light may scatter alittle but if I find some with a sharp cut off I can do like your friend and fix the rest with aiming. here in Michigan if you have any color other than a factory yellow or white, they can ticket you. factory HID car are also excempt from the blue tint. but we all know our g=bodys didn't come with a blue tint, lol. thanks for all your help

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Crapple21 said:

Those 55 watt sets use a 35 watt bulb and a 55 watt ballast, it scatters the lite and don't believe the adds that say they are 20% brighter. I tried them and took them out cause the beam they threw was scattered and looked like junk. The only one that has 55 watt bulbs is Phillips and I'm not willing to pay the price for them. I have Hella conversion beams which throws a pattern beam and my bi-xenon 4300k gives me as much lite as I need. I also have HID for the high beam in another Hella conversion lens

Huroncountycutty

Apprentice
Feb 3, 2013
masterfab said:
Crapple21 said:
here are the housing i used for my hid conversion on my truck and they seem to be made pretty good and work great with hids
http://www.amazon.com/AutoPal-Headlight ... utopal+4x6

would you mind throwing up a picture of the headlight on so I can see what the light output onto the road look like. im just interested in seeing the light cut off on the ground compaired to the e-codes.

do they make projector for our cars?
I have seen projector4x6 housings on eBay Black ones and clears, they are 80 bucks for 2 with the bulbs and Ballasts, so 160 for a full set,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor