HELP! my 79 Monte Carlo should be low like this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CruizinKev

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2007
OVERSEAS/GERMANY
.....like this cutty here:

cutt.jpg

anybody got an idea what wheel size this cutty got on?
looks like 20" to me.. right? what do you think he did with the suspension? I got hydraulics over here (not installed yet),.. so if I install my hydros the car also goes low like this cutty here? or I need more mod on the suspension (a-arms, trailing arms, frame)?

thx for infos, links, pics or somethin other helpfully ;) 8)

btw... I want to put some 20" american torq thrust on my monte, for that classical smooth look ;) ..perhaps anybody got any pics of a monte carlo (or any other g-body) with 20" torq thrusts?

141_TorqThrustTypeMChrome105M.jpg

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
i'm running air ride tech upper and lower arms, w/ djm s-10 2" spindles & slam specialties re6's up front, i have to cut out my frame to clear the tie rod, that is stopping it from dropping in the front more. in the back i am just running an over the axle setup with re6's again, i have the notches to go it, then the upper mounting plates too, but that will lay the back all the way out, but i don't want to do that until i get the front situated.

1980Gbody

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2007
Warren MI
Re: my 79 Monte Carlo should be low like this....

CruizinKev said:

cutt.jpg

looks like 20" to me.. right? what do you think he did with the suspension? I got hydraulics over here (not installed yet),.. so if I install my hydros the car also goes low like this cutty here? or I need more mod on the suspension (a-arms, trailing arms, frame)?

btw... I want to put some 20" american torq thrust on my monte, for that classical smooth look ;) ..perhaps anybody got any pics of a monte carlo (or any other g-body) with 20" torq thrusts?

nah if u wanna go for the low rider make it look like the training day car plus to me the stock stance on the 3rdgens look mean maybe some nice 20's idk about the lowering

thats just my opinion tho

CruizinKev

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2007
OVERSEAS/GERMANY
I wanted to make I almost like this (color, rims and suspension):

blue_3wheel.jpg

...but I also like the "to the ground lowered + 20" rims look"... and I think with airride and the big rims the car drives smoother/nicer when I drive fast or here on the Autobahn.. 'cus lowriders only got 13" rims and 155/80-13 tires... ..yes - 155! :roll:

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
this is what hydros are for

normal_P7220421.JPG

if you want 20s go with bags and get a 4 link in the rear plus hydros are a rough ride and you really shouldnt go over 80 mph with hydros it gets a little squirly . I have bounced this one down the freeway doing 65-70 now that insane but alota fun .

normal_P6090404.JPG

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
Re: my 79 Monte Carlo should be low like this....

CruizinKev said:

cutt.jpg

Everything about that car is sikkkkkkkkkkkkk except the gay fender vents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor