HELP! my 79 Monte Carlo should be low like this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
So am I the only one who doen't like the look ? I mean it's your car but I think the money could be better spent in go fast, handling, and stopping power.

Meh it takes all kinds to make the world go round. Gotta admire the hard work that goes into it though

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
axisg said:
So am I the only one who doen't like the look ? I mean it's your car but I think the money could be better spent in go fast, handling, and stopping power.

Meh it takes all kinds to make the world go round. Gotta admire the hard work that goes into it though

I'm with you. i like the "drag look" but i like the look of a nice Pro touring car too. or even a low rider every once in a while. I like diversity, it would be boring if every one built the same sh*t.

CruizinKev

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2007
OVERSEAS/GERMANY
I know what you mean, but I wanna go more for a smooth-low-cruiser-drag-theme than a racer-protouring-thing...

@bourbon so your rear section of frame is kinda stock?

to "notch" the frame - I just don't get that 100% what does it mean.. Its something like this I did on a modelcar-frame?? :wink: :)

ranchero02.JPG

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
axisg said:

depends on what you are into, if you aren't into speed, spending money on the engine isn't gonna make you happy. i've spent $60k+ building a car before and did nothing as far as engine internals.

But also, big wheels are like g-strings, anyone can put them on, but it doesn't mean they look good. :?

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
lol you have a couple spare minutes on your hands don't you??

CruizinKev said:
I know what you mean, but I wanna go more for a smooth-low-cruiser-drag-theme than a racer-protouring-thing...

@bourbon so your rear section of frame is kinda stock?

to "notch" the frame - I just don't get that 100% what does it mean.. Its something like this I did on a modelcar-frame?? :wink: :)

ranchero02.JPG

1980Gbody

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2007
Warren MI
CruizinKev said:
lol not anymore.. I did modelcars way back when I was 12 or so ;)

lol hey modle cars are cool i did one of my 80 monte and what i want it to basicly look like when im done wiht it i,t turned out pretty cool

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Yeah, I liked the black one except for the portholes. To me, leave the portholes to the Buicks. I'm more into pro touring and not into the drag car thing or the low rider thing, but can appreciate anything done well.

(My car tries to be Pro Touring, but looks more like white trash touring as it sits...lol.)

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
model cars....... quit playin with toys and get out there and work on the real thing!! lol, come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor