Help new clear coat scratches so easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
It is both proprietary and confidential. However, motorheadmike also expressed prior interest in a coaching/lesson based system. Perhaps a program could be offered on a discount basis for early subscribers...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY

Maverick's_Monte

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2011
Rhode Island
Also, my two cents, throw that cover out. Wax the car, once its cured, with Collinite or a comparable sealer wax. Let it get dusty and dirty then wash the car clean at your convenience.

Car covers promote abrasion which leads to spiderwebbing, rub marks, other unwanted blemishes on the surface.

Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I can't believe the paint shop didn't warn you about the curing process. When I got my bed repainted on my 1500 I was told to wait a month for it to cure. I think I waited 3, then he went back and finally buffed it. Came out excellent for not blending. Looked crappy before the buff (color mismatch), and pretty damn good after just like he said it would.

Reactions: 2 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I can't believe the paint shop didn't warn you about the curing process. When I got my bed repainted on my 1500 I was told to wait a month for it to cure. I think I waited 3, then he went back and finally buffed it. Came out excellent for not blending. Looked crappy before the buff (color mismatch), and pretty damn good after just like he said it would.
Did they buff the whole truck to make it match?

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Did they buff the whole truck to make it match?

I don't recall. It was a body shop guy doing it on the side. Either way, after the buff the difference in color was so little that I forget it's a thing to this day.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I don't recall. It was a body shop guy doing it on the side. Either way, after the buff the difference in color was so little that I forget it's a thing to this day.
Just seems odd that paint on the bed wouldn’t match before it was buffed. Modern paints don’t usually have that happen.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Just seems odd that paint on the bed wouldn’t match before it was buffed. Modern paints don’t usually have that happen.

The cab had original paint. Not sure why it was so significantly less noticeable after a buff but it was like he said. I don't even notice it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor