Help! windshield wipers and Left signal don't stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
ok so I had to change my turn signal switch because it went bad (the switch in the colum) and my dad and I replaced it, got everything back together and we turn the key and my windshield wipers/left turn signal will not shut off! I really want to fix this by tomorrow because there is a a car show and it's one of the last ones lol so if anybody knows what's going on, please feel free to speak your thoughts. thanks
it just turns on right when i connect the battery, the key doesnt have to be on...
-Harley

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Check for melted wire down on bottom side of column where the turn signal switch plugs in on the factory harness side. Had something simular happen to me a long time ago and thats what i found.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you had no problem before you changed the turn signal switch then I'd go back to that repair and start over

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor