Help with out of state purchase and hauling

Status
Not open for further replies.

olds4ever

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2017
I have been in this situation. I have bought cars from as far as 3000 miles. This works best for me
Rent you a u haul car dolley hope it is to where the car is. Drive to wherever your picking up load car and drive home.
This saves a little money on gas etc.
Hire a hauling/transporter. The ones I have seen will turd inspect the vehicle. I bought a car out of california and had it shipped here to kentucky cost me $850.

The posts from the guys is spot on regarding the shipping.

I occasionally buy salvage out of state and use Haulmatch.com. They are just a broker, but they use transportation companies, not individual people like you find on uShip.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
1 way plane ticket, motel room, hit the DMV in the morning, and drive it home RoadKill style!

This is actually on my bucket list of things to do. Armed with a toolbox, credit card, dealer plate, a bag of clothes, and some rags. Take out all of the stress and turn it into an adventure. Especially considering that purchasing vehicles in the N/E for restoration purposes is borderline a joke. Nothing would be more fun than to catch a plane to New Mexico or southern California and get-r-done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor