Helping out fellow hotrodders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Scott,
I'm truly impressed by your story. Like you said, there aren't many people that would stop to help out. I had a similar incident...not quite, but I saw a couple on the side of the road with a nice '60's Mustang. He had his wife or girlfriend in the car with him. I stopped and backed up and asked what the problem was. The guy apparently ran out of gas. He didn't live that far from where the car crapped out...a few miles down the road. I took him home to get a gas can and to a gas station. He filled up, I took him back to the car, poured the gas in and it started right up. The guy was obviously a little negligent about not checking the gas gauge.
He did leave his woman in the car while we got gas. Apparently he just purchased the car and probably didn't know it that well.
So, like you, I wouldn't hesitate to help out another car guy.
Once again, I'm proud of you Scott...that was very kind of you....I knew you were a good guy all along...:notworthy: :friday:

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Scott,
I'm truly impressed by your story. Like you said, there aren't many people that would stop to help out. I had a similar incident...not quite, but I saw a couple on the side of the road with a nice '60's Mustang. He had his wife or girlfriend in the car with him. I stopped and backed up and asked what the problem was. The guy apparently ran out of gas. He didn't live that far from where the car crapped out...a few miles down the road. I took him home to get a gas can and to a gas station. He filled up, I took him back to the car, poured the gas in and it started right up. The guy was obviously a little negligent about not checking the gas gauge.
He did leave his woman in the car while we got gas. Apparently he just purchased the car and probably didn't know it that well.
So, like you, I wouldn't hesitate to help out another car guy.
Once again, I'm proud of you Scott...that was very kind of you....I knew you were a good guy all along...:notworthy: :friday:
Thanks Jack, as mentioned i was trying to do the right thing. To be honest, I made some bad choices early in life....but as I've grown older and wiser alot has changed, most of which i credit my wife. She is a very selfless person and it's rubbed off on me over the years.
Kudos to you too sir for helping the stang folks out. Actually, just a month ago on the way home an old guy ran out of gas in his street rod. He was stuck in a moderately busy intersection, poor health with oxygen tanks in tow, just trying to cruise his 34 dodge coupe. Nobody would flippin help, so i got out, flagged down a cop, we pushed the car into a safer area.
Then i hung out with the guy shooting the stuff while he waited on a family member to bring some gas. It helped keep him calm, we just talked cars and life.
That's just the personality my wife and i have....we don't meet a stranger.

• Winner

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Scott,
There's was another situation where I was unable to help the guy. He broke down off the interstate with an old pro-street Volvo...obviously coming back from a car meet/ show somewhere. By the time I noticed him, I couldn't stop. I felt bad that I couldn't stop to help.
It just wouldn't have been safe to pull over by the time I noticed him. I would've loved to check out his car...oh well. I hope some good Samaritan stopped and helped get him going again.

What you did for these people was a noble act of kindness. You went above and beyond.
Kudos to you my friend.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
That's awesome but I can't see it happening here in Jersey everyone hates everyone yesterday when I left from working on my Cutlass there was a f-150 broaken down on the corner of rt18 I was pulling over to help him and noticed someone else already was there was a rough and rotted 69 charger R/T blue with a black bumblebee strip. Stunned to see it I said to the guy in the trunk wow nice car and told him I was just pulling over to help the guy in the 150 he clenched a tire iron in his hand was short with me and said I'm helping him Jersey is just not somewhere you can be nice I don't think anyone has ever helped me when I was broak down years ago my 76 Cutlass broak down on 195 in the Howell Jackson area a NJ state trooper pulled over searched my car broak the glove box door and told me to get my POS off of his road. Reading this makes we wonder if I can adapt to being around nice people

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
That's awesome but I can't see it happening here in Jersey everyone hates everyone yesterday when I left from working on my Cutlass there was a f-150 broaken down on the corner of rt18 I was pulling over to help him and noticed someone else already was there was a rough and rotted 69 charger R/T blue with a black bumblebee strip. Stunned to see it I said to the guy in the trunk wow nice car and told him I was just pulling over to help the guy in the 150 he clenched a tire iron in his hand was short with me and said I'm helping him Jersey is just not somewhere you can be nice I don't think anyone has ever helped me when I was broak down years ago my 76 Cutlass broak down on 195 in the Howell Jackson area a NJ state trooper pulled over searched my car broak the glove box door and told me to get my POS off of his road. Reading this makes we wonder if I can adapt to being around nice people
That happens man. There are shady people everywhere that wanna jump to negative conclusions before realizing someone is just trying to help.
However, here in KY there is alot of southern hospitality...alot of good folk just wanting to help one another.
I mentioned it, but the wife tried to wave me off when i pulled over. I found out that she had a bad experience years ago, and was standoffish to anybody. Luckily, i was able to somewhat change her perception that some people just wanna help.

Reactions: 5 users

330 uhc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 4, 2017
Nice story...good to hear...one thanksgiving years back took my wife and a couple friends in my 71 nova to spend the day at the zoo...got into chi town on the xway when the right front starts thumping...goes bone flat...start to get out and hit the trunk when my wife asks where I'm going...then tells me the spare is flat...thought I knew....so left the 307 running, heater on, car up on the jack, my wife and friends locked inside...southside is the baddest part of town...so its said...here I am rolling the spare down the hiway headed for the nearest exit...mile away...freezing cold and windy...typical chicago...hard times ahead of me...probably nobody open on the holiday...no cell phones back then...a mexican guy and his wife and kids stopped for me in a not too bad 1965 belair wagon, and haul me all over til we got the tire fixed, and then all the way back to my car...shortening their own holiday good time for me...wouldn't take anything but a thank you in return...always got that in mind when I see somebody with car trouble...good people are everywhere...we just hear too much about the bad ones...keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor