Hemi Charger Spanked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
So, last night I'm leaving the hospital after visiting my wife. I'm feeling kind of down because she's sick. Anyway, I'm at a red light when this kid pulls up in the other lane with a newer Hemi Charger. He starts revving it. Now, I haven't street raced in probably 20 years, but I figured what the hell, maybe it'll cheer me up. So the light turns green and were pretty much neck in neck for the first few hundred feet. I look over at the kid and wave BYE-BYE :mrgreen: . With that I floor it and leave him in the dust. I guess the kid was pretty embarrassed because at the next red light, he stayed about 2 car lengths back, wouldn't pull next to me! LOL!! So much for the modern Hemi! :rofl:

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
RegalBegal said:
So, last night I'm leaving the hospital after visiting my wife. I'm feeling kind of down because she's sick. Anyway, I'm at a red light when this kid pulls up in the other lane with a newer Hemi Charger. He starts revving it. Now, I haven't street raced in probably 20 years, but I figured what the hell, maybe it'll cheer me up. So the light turns green and were pretty much neck in neck for the first few hundred feet. I look over at the kid and wave BYE-BYE :mrgreen: . With that I floor it and leave him in the dust. I guess the kid was pretty embarrassed because at the next red light, he stayed about 2 car lengths back, wouldn't pull next to me! LOL!! So much for the modern Hemi! :rofl:
hope the wife feels better ASAP... glad you were able to vent a little... like the car man. nice!

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
LSCustoms said:
hope the wife feels better ASAP... glad you were able to vent a little... like the car man. nice!

Thanks man. Been a rough year. Haven't done too much to the car.

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
Me being a dodge guy im gonna have to stick up for the hemi here. I do agree the story is cool and funny, but by looking at your sig, your car seems pretty beefed up. It mightve been more of a competition if you had a stock 455. Cool story though, made me laugh.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
RegalBegal said:
Superb.
Flawless Victory.
I don't do it either, but

1. when the guy doesn't wanna pull up next to you after being spanked,
2. in a freakin Hemi Charger to boot
3. He's the one that challenged you by revving his engine,

that's the icing on the cake. with a cherry on top. or two.

Nice car, love it!... and hope the wifey feels better real soon.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
The new chargers are fast, but they just aren't violent. I rode in a friends 09 5.7 RT challenger with a hotter tune and exhast and it just doesnt seem violent for the 450 HP it is claimed to have. Another friend has a 06 RT charger and it just isnt impressive for the 20 grand he paid for it. Granted he can drive it every day but it just isnt in your face.

Its not that they dont have power, its that it is so buried behind the 4500LBS they are lugging around and all the traction control, safe mode control and all that stuff that the power is just hidden.

I will say they are nice; leather, good sound system comfortable, roomy and quiet. And it can be drove anywhere any time. Faster than a hot 455 regal, nope, but they are way better than a boring FWD 4 cylinder car.

Id own one, but Id rather own a GN. :D

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I love your car. Just wanted to say that. :lol:
Here's hoping your wife gets better.

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
81cutlass said:
I will say they are nice; leather, good sound system comfortable, roomy and quiet. And it can be drove anywhere any time. Faster than a hot 455 regal, nope, but they are way better than a boring FWD 4 cylinder car.

Id own one, but Id rather own a GN. :D

I'll give you that they are nice cars. Makes me laugh though. I've seen all those Charger "good news, bad news" ads showing the police version. I know a few cops who drive the Charger and think they're hot $hit. Just makes me chuckle.
:rofl:

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes for my wife. Couldn't have built the car without her support. She is my life. :mrgreen:

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I'm not a Mopar fan, nor do I like the Charger. The Challenger on the other hand is nice! To be honest I like them better than the Camaro.

On another note, best wishes to you and a speedy recovery for your wife.

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
and i like the new charger... but hope she better and haha o well so sad for the lil kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor