Hi all my new 86 Cutlass!

CPIJoel

n00b
Sep 17, 2023
Hey guys,

I recently picked up a really clean 1986 Cutlass I don't have a ton of pictures of it yet I have been too busy just enjoying driving it! My first car was a 1981 Cutlass and I have had probably 6 of them now I sold my last one about 5 years ago and have not had a G body since. It was time to find another one! I have big plans for this car as it sits now it has a 350 SBC with Edlebrock performer RPM heads intake and a mild cam. Over the winter I will probably yank the old SBC in favor of a stroked LS1 I have kicking around and if the budget permits a T56 magnum to replace the 200R4. I already have a truck that is fast in a straight line so I plan on going full pro touring with this build, as with most G bodies the car is super clean but the rear passenger frame rail is rusted out so this winter I will replace the frame rail. While I am there I will cut and plate the rail in the wheel well to fit a larger tire at the same time I will probably add a bit to the wheel tubs. I would love to fit a 315/40R18 on the back but time will tell how far I go with the stock chassis.

I look forward to sharing a bit of the process as I go! I own a performance shop in Alberta Canada so I never have enough time for my own projects but this is one I am excited to get started on and really want to use the car to show case some of the work I do! My builds tend to not get as much attention to detail as the customers cars as I am all about function before fashion but I would love to bring both to this build! My 72 C10 is as far as I can go without turning it into a full blow race truck so now I can put my time into something new! If your interested in seeing some of the stuff we work on my personal Instagram is rustydustyracing which shows more of the build stuff we work on and my companies page is canadianperfomanceinjection which just showcases our fuel injector side of the business.

20230831_091436.jpg

20230917_211544.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

CPIJoel

n00b
Sep 17, 2023
Looks super clean. Love the color! C10 is nice too!
Thanks man! The C10 is the reason I sold my last cutlass I always wanted a 72 and managed to get this as a roller. I have put a crazy amount of time into it and the next step for it was going to make it not fun to drive so i decided to leave it alone and start something new.

Damn c10.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Welcome from Calgary. Nice find.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor