Hi new to site have a couple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats because everyone with a vw IS pissed off! Ask me how i know!

Welcome aboard, Chris.

malibu78 said:
Thank you and I feel welcome already i just came from owning a vw jetta and was on the forums for those and people weren't the nicest. So this kindness and having my questions answered honestly

Welcome to the site bruh. I used to build on Dubs back in the day. Were you a member of VWVORTEX? Here's a pic of my old Getta..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bumpin1ohm ... 619800994/

Elco Warren 8)

megaladon6 said:
Thats because everyone with a vw IS pissed off! Ask me how i know!

Because of the way their cars sound????
Or maybe because the motor is at the wrong end????
Or because when you open the hood, it's really the trunk, or the trunk is really the hood and they get confused on where to put the beer cooler???
Just pokin a little fun.... I still love the old bugs....

And welcome to the sight Chris.....

Hey, my engine is at the right end, its just that the drive axles are at the wrong one.

Hi Sorry it took me so long to get back, thank you all for the info. It was the cam after all finished up yesterday started her up today runs awesome. the only problem I'm having now is when it gets hot and I turn it off it cranks really slow and won't start almost like the timing is way to far advanced but it's not. When the engine is cold it cranks right over and starts up no problem. I purchased a new starter because the one in the smoked while I was trying to start it hot. My question is could this be a starter problem or something else? any info will be greatly appreciated.................Thanks Chris 😀

malibu78 said:
Hi Sorry it took me so long to get back, thank you all for the info. It was the cam after all finished up yesterday started her up today runs awesome. the only problem I'm having now is when it gets hot and I turn it off it cranks really slow and won't start almost like the timing is way to far advanced but it's not. When the engine is cold it cranks right over and starts up no problem. I purchased a new starter because the one in the smoked while I was trying to start it hot. My question is could this be a starter problem or something else? any info will be greatly appreciated.................Thanks Chris 😀
My thought was timing, but you confirm it's correct.....maybe the fuel line is near a heat source? Vapor Lock?

I am sure someone will be answer your question better, but that's something I would check.

I had a friend years ago that had the same problem and the fuel line was above the header, enough to absorb some heat and it would heat the fuel up and quit running after it got too hot, or be hard to start.

He rerouted the line and it fixed it immediately.

I would doublecheck the timing, though, just to be sure.

the starter could be getting heat soaked too.
just to double check, did you use a timing light and follow the procedure? some cars require you to disconnect a plug, some the vacuum line, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor