Hi new to site have a couple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd "almost" guarantee that it's in the timing. Could even possibly have a broken spring in the distributor or something like that. That would allow the weights to stay advanced some of the time and cause problems starting.

Sometimes a worn harmonic balancer can slip and cause an incorrect timing reading.

But from the sound of it, I'd lean towards another bad starter, or possibly the electrical connections to it.
My wagon had the exact problem where it would fire right up cold, but after it was warm, it would barely turn unless you let it sit for 45 minutes. That starter had only 3 weeks worth of use on it, then it died.

Got another starter and the problem was gone.

It was the starter. I changed it today and now it fires up right away cold or warm. Thanks for the suggestions.

BTW, Where are the PICS of that new baby of yours???? 8)

Pic's coming soon I want to get it cleaned up a little first I will try to have the pic's tomorrow.

Heres some pics of my beast hope it works

Attachments

• DSC03413.jpg
    DSC03413.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 888
  • DSC03416.jpg
    DSC03416.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 856
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor