HJ prototype Label for G-body- Guess where it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I just have to cut out the center section and it's ready to attach. Attach to where??? Only you purists will give a sh*t.

HJ Tag Proto.JPG

You can't see it in the picture, but it's laminated with a clear overlay like original.

Plus, it's made with this stuff- water proof cardstock. Meant to hold up to the weather.

All weather card stock.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I think fleming442 is right on this one.....this is the one on the frame

img_2301-jpg.122773
And, IIRC, those are plastic. This being cardboard, most would have withered away after 35 or so years. I was just guessing based off the hole in the center- looks like it goes over some sort of fill cap.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
I think that goes by the proportioning valve. I think..
It actually goes on proportioning valve if memory serves me right.

Last edited:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Good guesses. But it actually is under the rubber "cap" on the old Kelsey Hayes brake combination valve. TBH, I've never seen anything other than a remnant of a tag on old combo valves. Hutch was kind enough to send me his old, discarded original in an attempt to rebuild it and there it was, nearly totally unscathed. So I decided to make a new one.

HJ Tag location KH combo valve.jpg

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
Woohoo! I got it right!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor