hood insulation (and yes i used the search)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_GM

Apprentice
Jan 31, 2010
i took out the hood insulaiton from my regal but now i need another one because the factory ones were torn up and were falling apart, what can i use as a substitue and what kind of glue or adhesive will hold better in high heat levels?

thanks!

hmm not sure about high heat applications, but mikesmonte.com & gbodyparts.com sell the hood insulation and the pins.

call mike montes, i got one for my cutlass from him

Member # 77 said:
Do you really need one????????????????

thats my question, if i dont need it then i wont put it on.

Blake442 said:
No glue necessary... Special plastic clips hold the pad in place.

i have the clips, just havent removed them since the original pad ripped around it, if i dont need it then i dont want it and as for the engine noise-the more the better ;-)

That's usually one of the first things I take off my cars (usually in bad shape). I've never had any issue without it.

My cruiser doesn't have it and it seems quiet enough to me. Of course, my other cars are a Jeep with a soft top and a Karmann Ghia so riding a chainsaw seems quiet.

when my AC compressor went bad it left an oily line on the hood insulation. i dont think i want to try and clean that off the bottom of my hood so i think i'll keep the hood insulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor