Hood release cable replacement tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownianl

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2012
East Texas
Anyone have any tips for replacing the hood release cable on an 85 Elky? (I can't get my hood open presently)
Any advice/tips would be appreciated!

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
Just had this happen on my 78 Monte. I took the grill out (screws from front) Then I could reach (3 I think?) bolts with a ratchet that hold the hood latch. I removed those bolts which allowed me to pull the hood open enough I could reach the mechanism with a screwdriver and pry open the latch.

Brownianl

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2012
East Texas
Thanks Safari, fortunately I was able to avoid that. I gave it one more fist bump and it popped open. Replacement wasnt too bad. I removed the windshield wiper motor for ease of access and I was able the get the thru-firewall grommet to seat properly. Works like a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor