MALIBU Hood Spring removal

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
This is stock. I guesss. New 1979 hood. Came with spring. Now I got two!!

I haven’t tried to twist it out. I will explore. Tomorrow. Thanks
Looks like the former owner got creative. As Ribbedroof posted, the only spot for that spring is on the hood & the secondary latch lives in that hole when the hood is closed.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Looks like the former owner got creative. As Ribbedroof posted, the only spot for that spring is on the hood & the secondary latch lives in that hole when the hood is closed.
Yes. Thanks. I’m leaning !!

Reactions: 1 user

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Yes. Thanks. I’m leaning !!
ome to think of it there was a 4” fiberglass hood cowl on the car when I bought it. The spring was probably put there to pop the cowl. How soon we forget.

Great investigative work!! Dez investigative 🧐

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Yup, the spring should always be on the hood. Even my fiberglass hood cars had it on the hood.
Seems like I live in a condo. If I had a driveway, I would’ve been on a lawn chair, having a margarita and staring at the hood and would’ve came to all of these conclusions instead of running up and downstairs fearing that my car is going to be towed because of street cleaning day in Boston Florida here I come permanently. This state sucks.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor