HELP Hood spring removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Hi guys,

I am selling my stock hood but need to keep the hood latch spring. Any tips on how to remove it safely? I asked a buddy and he said it almost took his eye socket out lol.

Thanks in advance.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
The hood latch spring almost took his eye out? Your buddy is either full of sh*t or he used a compressed valve spring as a hood spring :D Or he meant the hinge springs. Been a few years since I have had a stock hood but you don't have anything to worry about.

Once the hood is open there is no tension on that spring. It's whole job is to pop the hood up a little bit when you pull the lever. The spring should just twist into place with a small bolt or screw holding a clip to retain it.

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
The hood latch spring almost took his eye out? Your buddy is either full of sh*t or he used a compressed valve spring as a hood spring :D Or he meant the hinge springs. Been a few years since I have had a stock hood but you don't have anything to worry about.

Once the hood is open there is no tension on that spring. It's whole job is to pop the hood up a little bit when you pull the lever. The spring should just twist into place with a small bolt or screw holding a clip to retain it.

LOL sweet! You are probably right, I just asked him how to remove hood springs.. He was probably talking about the hinge springs. I will check out to see if there is a clip in there when I get home. Thanks for the quick reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor