battery cable routing.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,517
  • coldair_battery_trunk.jpg
    coldair_battery_trunk.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,273

alrobjr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 4, 2009
Do you think those 1103 hkr headers will fit a 1981 monte carlo with a buick 350 engine?

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'd be curious to see a couple more photos of the CAI and air cleaner assembly. I understand why you relocated the battery, for clearance for the hose for the CAI. Is it a single snorkel setup? Would there be room to run a hose like that on the driver's side of the engine bay? I bought a used air cleaner and intake hose stup from an '88 Cutlass with the 307 Olds, and there's a long hose that runs down towards the rad support on the driver's side. Just wondering if you could run a similiar setup on your car with the Buick engine.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
alrobjr said:
Do you think those 1103 hkr headers will fit a 1981 monte carlo with a buick 350 engine?
It's highly likely that they will fit the same.

clean8485 said:
I'd be curious to see a couple more photos of the CAI and air cleaner assembly. I understand why you relocated the battery, for clearance for the hose for the CAI. Is it a single snorkel setup? Would there be room to run a hose like that on the driver's side of the engine bay? I bought a used air cleaner and intake hose stup from an '88 Cutlass with the 307 Olds, and there's a long hose that runs down towards the rad support on the driver's side. Just wondering if you could run a similiar setup on your car with the Buick engine.

If I remember correctly, his setup is dual snorkel. I'd be interested to see where it ends up too. I tried making a CAI by sneaking around the radiator. Didn't really work... :hijack:

IMG_1294.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    918.4 KB · Views: 718

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
307Regal, on the GNs a lot of us run an intake hose the same place except that the battery is on the other side (parts are out there) and instead of turning toward the radiator we use the hole behind the headlight. Then just go down for fresh air (no hot engine heat) or attach a little L shaped scoop to your factory front lower air dam/spoiler & your hose.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
alrobjr said:

they should

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Here are some pics of the setup. It is an aftermarket spectre performance dual cai. Much easier to put one of these on and stuff some cold air in the Buick

Attachments

• coldair1.jpg
    coldair1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,956
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor