horsepower options for stock v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2011
What are the best options to increase horsepower out of a 3.8 v6? My plan is to eventually grab a 350 but until I can get the money to do so I want to get some use out of this v6.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
If you're trying to save money, drop in a "good" used 350.
That alone will get you up and running fast.
Then, as your income permits, you can start with upgrades, rebuilds, etc etc..

jasonreid

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2011
Rockmart, Georgia
454muscle said:
If you're trying to save money, drop in a "good" used 350.
That alone will get you up and running fast.
Then, as your income permits, you can start with upgrades, rebuilds, etc etc..

X2

Sadly the only way to get good power out of one of those is to do a GN turbo setup and that is NOT cheap. Like 454 said, drop in a good used 350.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Theres nothing you can do to it besides put it out of its misery :D Ritter bought a brand new 3.8 crate with edelbrock intake and cam. Still a nutless pooch. However to answer your question, you could buy an intake, cam, I believe they make headers for it and slap all that stuff on there but really it isn't gonna make it any quicker than a 4 cylinder car.

Pearl86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2011
Thanks for the info, guess I'll ride around on grandpa mode till I get it swapped out.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
slick83 said:
Thanks for the info, guess I'll ride around on grandpa mode till I get it swapped out.
yeah...save your money for the swap...my v-6 rebuilt or reman'd would have cost me as much as my rocket motor did...and Im much happier with the results :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiHFaiTUSUw

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor