How about the diesels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

229MonteHO

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2008
Liverpool, NY
I was remembering a page on the internet years ago about someone with a 1981 Regal with the 350 Olds diesel motor who was actually rebuilding and modifying the diesel engine. I was wondering if anybody out there still had one (not counting the ones that had a gasoline conversion)?

Cheers,
Aaron

229MonteHO

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2008
Liverpool, NY
Hmmmm...part of me says,"COOL!!!" The other part says,"WTF!?" Seriously, though, I like one offs like that. But I was more interested if anybody here still has or at one time had a diesel A/G body car. Or even a Caprice, Delta, etc.?

Aaron

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
A lot of Olds guys build up the 350 diesel blocks to run on gas for a high performance build. Is that what you're meaning? Or you actually are looking for a G body that runs on diesel?

229MonteHO

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2008
Liverpool, NY
I know of using the 350 diesel block for a performance application, but I'm talking about an actual diesel powered car. I know many of these cars were swapped to a gasoline engine, scrapped, or recalled. I'm just curious to find out if anyone out there owns or knows of one that is still running around with the original diesel engine in it.

Aaron

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
There was a guy on here who played with them, maybe he will chime in. Other than that guy, I can't think of anyone here who plays with them.

antysmithers

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2008
Tarentum, PA
those diesels suck, my grandma had one in a bonnevile. they had to fix it all the time, and then it finnaly did the world a favor and threw a rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor