How can i find the model number for this Holley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
Ok so im trying to figure out what Holley carb the 63 has so i can find out how to adjust the idle and throttle on it. Ive looked all over the carb but unlike the Quadrajet that was on the Monte Carlo i can seem to find it stamped anywhere. Here are some pictures of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0643.JPG
    IMG_0643.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_0644.JPG
    IMG_0644.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_0645.JPG
    IMG_0645.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 515

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The list number is usually on the air horn to the right (driver's side) of the vent tube.

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
Ok ill try to check that and see if i can find anything. Also i noticed when i first looked at the car before i bought it there was gas puddle on top of the intake in the runners on both sides. He said the day before he flooded it so could have gas overfilled the carb and spilled over? I havent noticed anything leaking ever since

journeyforce

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2012
That carb looks old and it might be time for a rebuild/replace of the carb. Especially if the former owner reported it was working for him/her fine in the past and now you find you have to start adjusting stuff on it.

My brother found this out with his 1966 Mustang and in the end a replacement carb put it all in order
Good luck

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
journeyforce said:
That carb looks old and it might be time for a rebuild/replace of the carb. Especially if the former owner reported it was working for him/her fine in the past and now you find you have to start adjusting stuff on it.

My brother found this out with his 1966 Mustang and in the end a replacement carb put it all in order
Good luck

Yeah thats what im thinking. I was thinking of rebuilding it myself but still need to find the model number haha, ive been working too much on the trunk

hereiam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2013
You can see the number stamped in the vertical section just in front of the choke butterfly. Look at pic 3 To bad pic 2 wasnt take showing more of the top of the carb as that is where the number is. If it has been sitting for a while it may be that the float is stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor