Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2010
Illinois
79Hurst2.jpg
79Hurst3.jpg

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
The car looks okay to me I mean for 500$ that's a steal put a little time to put I back together and sell it for more

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
you can see where the frame rails where replaced in the rear. for 500 bucks if its real its a steal but you have allot of work ahead of you body wise. give it 10 years, cars like this hurst olds are going to sky rocket in value!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

rs74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2010
Illinois
Looks like only around 537 were made with T-tops. A pretty hard find. I will have to think about it I guess.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Make sure the VIN on the trans and engine match the body.
If they don't no worries but it will help the value of the car in the long run.
Lots of work ahead of you... probably going to cost about $15-20k to restore that car correctly with paint and driveline roached like that.

rs74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2010
Illinois
Make sure the VIN on the trans and engine match the body.
If they don't no worries but it will help the value of the car in the long run.
Lots of work ahead of you... probably going to cost about $15-20k to restore that car correctly with paint and driveline roached like that.

I am going to try to get up there in the next couple of days to look at it. I am also going to try and drag my 79 out and see what shape it is in before I make any decisions.

rs74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2010
Illinois
Where would I be looking for the numbers on the engine and trans to see if they are #'s matching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor