Nov 12, 2015
mpls
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Guys have pushed the envelope way too far these days. I've never seen any car that looks good on 32s, and very few (handful) that look decent on 30s. Any wheel & tire package that requires me to cut my fenders/quarters or use wheel spacers/adapters isn't for me.

8dc9de09f9f72956d20a7c6bbf6b6a39.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't like low profile tires for the street, have seen too many damaged rims and tire blow outs. If anyone thinks low profile tires give you better handling I guess Formula 1 hasn't figured that out..

Formula-1-2017-v-2018-front-quarter-comparison.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

street sweeper

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2017
Central Indiana
based on what i saw from a quick search a 2010 SS Auto w/ 120k miles is worth 10-13k, no expert if thats accurate or not but lets just assume it is, do the audio upgrades and wheels justify 7-10k???? i dont think so... if you believe mods any value. id argue those specific mods would detract value...

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
The thing I find the least funny of all with oversized wheels on so many vehicles is being the person in front of them in a panic stop situation.
Several thousand dollars in new wheels invested on stock brakes.

In the past month alone I saw 2 different wrecks involving mid 2000's Impalas on 24 or 26's bumping somebody. While driver error may have been the larger issue, taking away from sufficient braking doesn't help anything.

Reactions: 1 users

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I'm not a fan of that look.

On newer model cars, I'm all for a larger wheel, just not that big. There's enough space in this car modification world for all of our taste though.

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
i fixed a car like that once he had taken it to f front end shop and had them installed but they forgot to put the alignment shims back in so i used a tape measurer and washers from a hardware that was open late at night. it was a b*tch to turn but as long as you went straight everything was fine. he was so ticked off at the front end shop he drove off without paying saying i already once i shouldn't have to pay again.. that was the last time i worked for people unless they paid up front or forget it.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
At least they did it to car that has bad body lines to begin with.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor