How do I raise my car high enough for header installation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2008
ICT, KS
...without a lift?
I've seen 2x4s across jackstands and this,
001.jpg

But they make me feel uneasy because I would need something like a dozen 2x4s

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
Re: How do I raise my car high enough for header installatio

on my elco i didnt need to raise the truck a whole bunch cause i loosend the motor mounts...have you tried that?

moose

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2008
ICT, KS

houndin101 said:
on my elco i didnt need to raise the truck a whole bunch cause i loosend the motor mounts...have you tried that?

Could you please elaborate, I'm having trouble visualizing the advantage of that.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI

I put my Regal on ramps and the drivers side headers slid in from underneath :idea: Passenger one will go in from the top (with the starter removed) :mrgreen:

moose

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2008
ICT, KS

RITTER said:
I put my Regal on ramps and the drivers side headers slid in from underneath :idea: Passenger one will go in from the top (with the starter removed) :mrgreen:

I like the sound of this :D
It doesn't seem like the car needs to be too high, but the installation sheet say to raise the car a minimum of 36"

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094

Unfortanely all headers will go in different ways not always from the top. My hooker super comps have to go in from the bottom. Even with starter removed i have to pull motor mount bolt and lift motor one side at a time. In other word tilting the motor side ways in engine compartment. You can do it with the car around 2ft just take patience and Time. Good luck

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010

chevy2480 said:
Unfortanely all headers will go in different ways not always from the top. My hooker super comps have to go in from the bottom. Even with starter removed i have to pull motor mount bolt and lift motor one side at a time. In other word tilting the motor side ways in engine compartment. You can do it with the car around 2ft just take patience and Time. Good luck
this is what i ment loosen one side at a time remove starter and go at it...mine i put in from uptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor