How do I replace the rear suspension bushings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Not trying to torture you, but the whole set of boxed control arms w/poly bushings is $189 at Speedway. Why not wait and save up so you can do the job right. My suspension is super tight with this kit.
91634057_L.jpg

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Maybe something else is causing the vibration?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
That is a good price on those arms, but I wanted to use a set of arms that included spherical bearings for better articulation of the rear axle under handling maneuvers. My local speed shop can get them for me for the $80 that summit wants, and I think I will probably just go with them as it is the cheap option. The car also needs a new gas tank, a catalytic converter, and an alignment to be truly usable, and I need to fix the car as cheap as possible so I can afford to do everything as quickly as I can. Plus, the transmission just started making a wonderful noise, so I may have to do that as well. Sadly, I have no choice but to deliver with this thing right now as I have no money to buy a new car yet, and my truck needs over $1k worth of work to be usable again. I am having one of those moments where everything in my life has gone wrong within the span of a few days and I am struggling to figure out how to survive long enough to come through it at the other end (there is a LOT more to the story too...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor