How long does it take to ship a set of wheels ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
American Racing is made in China. I purchased two 15 x 8.5's to match the rears on my 79 Monte Carlo two years ago and they are sold through the parent company in Colorado called "Wheel Pros"
The rear Torque Thrusts I have were made in USA (Cast in the back ) around 2015 while these new I purchased from Summit in 2018 are from China.
I understand quite a lot of performance parts are hard to find due to the shut downs. My neighbor is trying to get a set of retrofit hydraulic roller lifters for his SB Chevy and every speed shop in Buffalo wished him good luck on finding a set on the shelf locally.

Reactions: 1 users

Kra5379

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2019
I think it’s a safe bet to just expect ridiculously long delays when ordering ANYTHING right now!! I’ve ordered a few things off of eBay the last couple months, I’m in the Detroit area and I had something coming from Tennessee and I got the tracking number and watched as it took USPS a week to even update their system and acknowledge receipt of the item, another week before it left that facility, then it went through Kentucky and Ohio in a matter of 12 hours, then for some reason still unbeknownst to me was sent somewhere in Illinois, and then to 3 different postal facilities in Michigan that were completely unnecessary, all said and done, for something I ordered and initially got a 8 day delivery time on….I got it a month and a half later

Reactions: 1 user

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
Read about a month ago there is a long wait for container ships to be unloaded at Long Beach & other West Coast ports ...

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Fwiw, if it's in country it might not be bad... once it gets here.

I ordered some new 18" Ford stock wheels off ebay for one of the mustangs, same as what's on there because.... they were there and the discount price was right.

They were shipped from a dealer in New England about 1100 miles away. Free UPS ground shipping took 5 total days/ 3 business days, one of which was the days after I bought it they had a driver pick them up.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Fwiw, if it's in country it might not be bad... once it gets here.

I ordered some new 18" Ford stock wheels off ebay for one of the mustangs, same as what's on there because.... they were there and the discount price was right.

They were shipped from a dealer in New England about 1100 miles away. Free UPS ground shipping took 5 total days/ 3 business days, one of which was the days after I bought it they had a driver pick them up.
That's because they didn't have anything else they had to deliver because it was all on backorder. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
93105F2B-22B8-415D-A91E-575260AEE4AC.jpeg
they’re here LOL I just had to complain loud enough so the gbody gods could hear me

Attachments

• 1F3704CF-084F-4C07-B221-C5E6251A39CF.jpeg
    1F3704CF-084F-4C07-B221-C5E6251A39CF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor