how many 442/hurst olds g bodies are still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
yes i do, still sitting in my garage waiting for the engine to get done at the machine shop. (a ring broke, long story) :roll: but hopefully it will be on the road here in a couple months or less[/quote]

oo ok, good luck.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
I'd say less than a third of what was produced is still left, if that...
The 86 442 is more rare in my opinion since you NEVER see them for sale even though those were produced the most.
It goes back to the mentality that the 85's were bought by most as collectors since they were the first run and the 87's were the last.
There are only about a 3rd of the 68/69 H/O's accounted for and those were solid cars not as prone to rusting out as the thinner gbody's even though they werent' zinc coated.

There's some asshat in Kenosha,WI that buy's perfectly restorable Hurst's just to part them to make his more rare.

Bar none there are NO g-body's on the road where I live, if you happen to see one it's a rotten Monte SS or a nice GN and I usually only see 1 or 2 Monte SS's a year and 3 or 4 GN's a year. Never see Grand Prix's and there are a few beater Cutlasses floating around but no 442's or Hurst's. The last Hurst I saw on the road in my area was 4 years ago and it was a show car being driven on noon on a weekday in a rich area by an old man.

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
in and around (within a few miles of) the town live in there is about 6 or 7 442s counting mine, about 2 hurst/olds, about 8 or 9 monte carlo ss (2 aero coupes) , about 3 or 4 GNs, 2 regal t-types, and i have seen 1 pontiac 2+2 they come out when its nice out. there is a few regular cutlass's, monte carlos, regals and grand prix floating around town. wow come to think of it there are a lot of g-bodys around here :lol:

art

Greasemonkey
Apr 24, 2009
Absecon, New Jersey
I live in an "active" recycling area, so not many on the road. I still find em' rusted out here and there, but folks are either giving them away (under $1K) or think they have gold. Maybe they do. A crummy repainted m/c SS sold for $1500 this weekend and it had no engine,radio, headliner, and mismatched wheels. The days of scooping them cheep ($500) seem to be about over.

87ttop

Master Mechanic
Jan 8, 2011
chattanooga, tn
I know of two 87 442s, 1 86 442 1 84 hurst olds, and Its even harder to find t top cars, that why me and my brother snatch every one of them that cross our path. I am getting ready to buy a 87 ttop 442 very soon, for 600.00 all original

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
my buddy and i budy and i have been into g bodies for about 15 years or so, pretty much as long as we have been driving. we can spot a g body a mile away in our area (omaha) and they are usually real nice or bet to hell. we have noticed 2-3 hurst olds in town and not a single 442 anywhere, well besides the 2 we have. we have seen a few on craigslist but they are always in pretty rough shape and seem to be black 86s.

gp02a0083

Master Mechanic
May 17, 2011
in general there aren't that many g bodies around my area. More so the monte's and the GN's are more common to see. However very few REAL hurst olds or 442's. off the top of my head there are about 6-8 g bodies including mine, but i left mine labeled as a regular supreme brougham, at best a 442 clone.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
there are allot of turbo regals and monte ss around our area. but as far as g bodies in general there are not allot.

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
OK, let the counting begin, mine makes;

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor