how many 442/hurst olds g bodies are still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
regalman4925 said:
there are allot of turbo regals and monte ss around our area. but as far as g bodies in general there are not allot.

For real, there's G's out like crazy... Must not get around North O very much.... you can't miss 'em..

There's a 442 around 72nd and Bedford @ a Xtreme Detailing.. There's one down the street from my shop.. There's a Monte SS behind a fence at a body shop behind us.

There's always GN's and Turbo Regals, Malibus, Monte's, Cutlass's etc @Flash Back's on wed. nights.. There's even a Grand Prix 2+2 I've seen down there a few times..

There's a '78 and a '79 cutlass that are almost clones to my '80 (white n' burgandy, with vinyl tops, 260's, and ralleyes) I see them all the time.

Busted El Caminos EVERY WHERE!

Plus all the lifted G's cruisin' around North O, there's a couple juiced Monte's rollin around (one's green, one's orange)

A friend of mine has a pretty hot Monte SS, and there's an '85 Cutlass sitting in front of my tool box waiting for a 455 swap..

What I don't see very often are Grand Prix's but, I know of a really low mileage one on 30th.. dark blue, dark blue vinyl top, dark blue interior.. 350 Diesel... only 43k on the clock.. nice car.. it's a customers so I get to do all the regular maintenance on it!

There's also a couple pro street malibus behind the our shop too.. and a building full of hobby stock cars :(

Fader

Greasemonkey
Apr 29, 2011
Eastern Nebraska
Im thinking there is a higher % of hurst olds left vs 442s from the 80s... I think the 8.5" rear end is as much to blame as anything for 442s heading to the scrap yard...I always see 8.5" rear ends for sale or people looking for them...how many 442s had fixable body damage Or a blown engine Or transmission & got scrapped? Probably more than GNs & T Types even though they had higher production #s.....I just bought an 85 442 & I cant wait to begin restoring it...Im thinking olds 455 or 350 rocket & a overall stock appearance....

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
Fader said:
Im thinking there is a higher % of hurst olds left vs 442s from the 80s... I think the 8.5" rear end is as much to blame as anything for 442s heading to the scrap yard...I always see 8.5" rear ends for sale or people looking for them...how many 442s had fixable body damage Or a blown engine Or transmission & got scrapped? Probably more than GNs & T Types even though they had higher production #s.....I just bought an 85 442 & I cant wait to begin restoring it...Im thinking olds 455 or 350 rocket & a overall stock appearance....
You forgot to post what number you are! Get with the program! :mrgreen:

CAPERKEV

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2011
OK IM NUMBER 12 T TOP BLACK
ALSO HAVE 82 CUT SUPREME BROUGHM,
82 CUTTY
AN JUST SOLD 85 SALON T TOP BLACK

Fader

Greasemonkey
Apr 29, 2011
Eastern Nebraska
Randy_W said:
You forgot to post what number you are! Get with the program! :mrgreen:
[

quote="regalman4925"]i guess i have 6 and fader has 7 lol[/quote]

.....guess i am #7......

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
silent_orchestra said:
regalman4925 said:
there are allot of turbo regals and monte ss around our area. but as far as g bodies in general there are not allot.

For real, there's G's out like crazy... Must not get around North O very much.... you can't miss 'em..

There's a 442 around 72nd and Bedford @ a Xtreme Detailing.. There's one down the street from my shop.. There's a Monte SS behind a fence at a body shop behind us.

There's always GN's and Turbo Regals, Malibus, Monte's, Cutlass's etc @Flash Back's on wed. nights.. There's even a Grand Prix 2+2 I've seen down there a few times..

There's a '78 and a '79 cutlass that are almost clones to my '80 (white n' burgandy, with vinyl tops, 260's, and ralleyes) I see them all the time.

Busted El Caminos EVERY WHERE!

Plus all the lifted G's cruisin' around North O, there's a couple juiced Monte's rollin around (one's green, one's orange)

A friend of mine has a pretty hot Monte SS, and there's an '85 Cutlass sitting in front of my tool box waiting for a 455 swap..

What I don't see very often are Grand Prix's but, I know of a really low mileage one on 30th.. dark blue, dark blue vinyl top, dark blue interior.. 350 Diesel... only 43k on the clock.. nice car.. it's a customers so I get to do all the regular maintenance on it!

There's also a couple pro street malibus behind the our shop too.. and a building full of hobby stock cars :(

not in north o much at all. live in the south o/bellevue/ralston area and work out by 1 pacific place. i see maybe 2-3 g bodies in a week at best and theey are rarely nice. flashbacks has a few down there i suppose but its nothing like i see online with a row of them at a car show, usally only like 2-3 down there. i saw a hurst olds on the way home from lincoln last saturday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor