How many miles you put on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
only put on about 100 miles here. With gas around $4 a gallon the GP sat in the shed a lot. I hope next summer is better, as i have put my car away for the winter.

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
about 1/2 mile when i relocated the monte from my mothers house to my new house.
that's probably the most mileage she'll see for a few years, or at least until the engine swap is done.

montessaj

Apprentice
Feb 1, 2008
Lampasas, Texas
Damn, I'm all worried about putting too many miles on my car and you guys are trying to put miles on your cars. But then again I drive mine year round; no salt, no snow, barely any rain...hahaha. J/k

I put

80,000 miles on my DD 1997 malibu
15,000 miles on the Monte SS

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
Wow a lot of people on here drive their cars year-round! that's great! sometime i hope to live somewhere not so snowy in the winter so i can do that and not have to worry about salt getting on my car. Until then i will continue to just try to enjoy the car. Next summer though i am going on a few road trips with it, hopefully i will have the A/C hooked back up in it as well. Just want these gas prices to stay where they are, that would be great

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Not enough! I'd guess about 2000 on the Malibu. And my daily driver gets 100+ a day.

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
I put the new engine in the SS this last spring, since then I have only put 1300 miles on it. The new engine runs strong and gets decent mileage(17 if I am easy on the go pedal) but after spending the money on the engine this year I have been worried about having problems with the car(and spending more money) so I got into playing with RC cars.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
ss4ever said:
I put the new engine in the SS this last spring, since then I have only put 1300 miles on it. The new engine runs strong and gets decent mileage(17 if I am easy on the go pedal) but after spending the money on the engine this year I have been worried about having problems with the car(and spending more money) so I got into playing with RC cars.

haha i don't even worry about trying to calculate gas mileage, i know the way i drive it would be down right dreadful. but that's not what i built the car for so i don't mind burnin a tank of gas in one weekend....or less

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
ss4ever, I really like the wheels. 245/50/16s all the way around? I am with you I don't expect any gas mileage when I drop the hammer and play but useing 1/3 less fuel when useing the car to get from a to b is very cool. In part its why I often put 5 or 6 thousand a year on instead of 5 or 6 hundred like many hot rodded gbodys. 9 mpg & 3,000rpms in the slow lane with reparis & high maintenance sucks. I will take a little slower time slip and get it out of the garage. I have a buddy with a 9 second 66 Chevelle who told me last night he wanted to make it more reliable with regular fuel so he could afford to drive it and actually enjoy it more than a couple times a summer. Said draging it to the track with fuel, repairs, etc cost him on average $200 a trip.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Man, it looks like I'm in the lead for most miles per year in a g-body with 20,000+ in my wagon! And that was only january thru august! If I hadn't stopped driving it, it'd be around 27,*** by now... :D

I miss driving it everyday. I'm having a hard time getting used to my C1500 after driving almost exclusively g-bodys for over 4 years...

Too bad gas didn't drop below $2 ($1.92 here) at the BEGINNING of the summer! I would've driven the 442 more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor