How much is to much.....HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Ulinski

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 9, 2015
Why not a 406? those extra cubes make a difference especially for torque. In front of a 2004-R and 3.42s it did a pretty good burnout, but now with a th350 and an ATI treemaster converter it'll spin until I take my foot off the gas. Depending on your budget you might be better off spending the money on a real good set of heads and a cam. My dad's old motor was a 350 that put his 3500lb nova into the 11's.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
383 short block maybe?

Use your heads, carb, and intake.

Try to get one with a hydraulic roller cam.

I really enjoy a good solid 350 - 450 horsepower car, actual. Street tires will not hold it, period. You can drive like normal and have power to seriously alter the course of natural history on tap. A bigger displacement motor will make these figures and performance and be less radical, ie need less cam and compression, or octane.

***Someone else touched on stall converter and gears to match your combo, can make as much or more of a difference in actual performance of the vehicle than the 383.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Haven't heard from Shootinblanks - don't under estimate the 350, I can rip the tires from a 20 roll

track.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor